Sunday, December 16, 2012

Memo's Favorites 2012


As I view the lower half of the final page of my 2012 calendar, I take pause and ponder the manifest blessings which have been bestowed upon me during the prior months. Oh Gag! This is not a moment for obtuse reflection; it is yet another opportunity to assess the next action moving forward. VIVA! Somehow the act of reflection raises my paranoia filter. Does anyone else harbor that vacuous thought that they might look rearward to reflect and see nothing other than the reflection of their rear?  

I have decided to proffer instead my personal choices of all that is incredible in Yelapa. In the interest of full disclosure, I acknowledge that no extensive survey was taken, no statistical analysis applied and certainly no objectivity invited. These are my personal selections and I am gifting them to you, my dedicated readership to relish for the coming year until I update them in December 2013. May I have the envelope, please?

Memo’s Favorites

2012

Best Cup of Coffee                CafĂ© Bahia-Susan Pasko

Cheapest (Best?)Beer on the Playa            Domingo’s

Best Margarita/Best Overall Restaurant/Best View
                               Shambhala-The Vasquez Family

Best Shrimp Dishes  El Manguito-The Castillon Family

Best Local Attraction                    The Town Waterfall

Best Guide to fishing/Marietas/Corrales

        Okley Activities and Excursions-Fernando Garcia

Best (newest) MassageTherapist             Debbie Grey

Best Kayak Rental         Memo’s on the Playita-Memo

Best Electronic Bargain       Prepaid Cell phone TelCel

I seek to simply communicate the spectrum which exists in our little pueblo. Yes, there are food and beverage purveyors galore, physical activities in which to engage and comfortable lodging in which to retreat. If your “travels” to Yelapa during 2013 include nothing more than my blog, a few online videos and the odd travel book at the public library, then rest assured that there is a friendly “hola, buenos dias” awaiting you manana. Feliz Navidad!

For your listening pleasure, I am including a link to the quintessential Mexican Christmas song. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment